Keeping a Functional Air Conditioning Unit
How to Maintain an Efficient Air Conditioner. Tips from an AC Repair Company.
Over time, air conditioning systems can deteriorate and worsen their performance. This usually happens when they are left untended to for too long. There is a wide variety of things that can go wrong and lead to deterioration. That includes blocked coil fins, mud in the condenser, low coolant levels, dirty filters, and so on. In order to prevent deterioration, we recommend you take the following precautions:
- First of all, whenever you have any major problems, and need a serious AC repair, be sure to call a professional HVAC specialist. We don’t recommend you deal with major repairs on your own. It can be pretty dangerous for your system and yourself, especially if you have some faulty wiring.
- Other things that can have a very bad influence of your system are clogs and obstructions in the air flow. Your air conditioner needs to get the required amounts of air in order to function properly. To avoid that, you need to check for obstructions regularly.
- One of the most popular maintenance procedures that every homeowner should know about is the filter cleaning. You need to keep the air filters clean, which means washing them or replacing them every once in a while. This can help increase the performance and life span of your air conditioner.
- As an AC repair company, we recommend you also keep the outside unit shaded and covered. If the outside unit gets too hot, it will have a more difficult time getting the indoor temperatures to drop. According to researchers, shaded units can be up to 10 % more efficient.
- You should check the fins and coils of the outside unit and make sure they are straight and functioning properly. You can use a fin comb to get them straight again. That’s necessary in order for the air to go through easier.
- Lastly, you need to make sure your thermostat is working properly. If you notice a difference between the thermostat’s readings and the actual temperature in the room, call an AC repair service.
If you don’t know much about air conditioning repairs and don’t feel like dealing with it, then just give Selsis Air Conditioning Corpus Christi a call! We are available for appointments on the territory of Corpus Christi, TX, so reach us at (361)210-6684!